Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Performance Management - Development Plans
Transcript of Performance Management - Development Plans
360 degree feedback
Purpose of this meeting:
recommendations for implementing a new individual development program
to decrease the turnover rate amongst your production workers, therefore
improving overall financial performance of your company
Week 8 Development Plans
Case: F.D. Hamilton Inc.
Consultants of JLB Group:
Individual Developmental Program
Assessment Results - Current Development Plan
supervisors not developing or follow up on plans
developmental activities for upper-level management
little information provided about plans and activities
only 15% engagement in activities in the past year
Overview of Meeting
360 degree feedback
Re-cap and recommendations
Individual Development Plan
Encourages continuous learning, performance enhancement and personal development among employees.
Types of Developmental Activities
On the job training
Attending a conference
Advice for implementation:
Managers of F.D. Hamilton must promote, get involved with and support developmental activities
Steps in the Feedforward Interview:
1. The first step includes:
“eliciting a success story”.
2. The second step includes:
“uncovering the underlying success factors”
3. The third step includes:
“extrapolating the past into the future”.
Advice for F.D. Hamilton Inc.
Increase the skill levels of all employees which will in turn improve the financial performance of the organisation.
Will also help reduce employee turnover as employee’s will be more motivated.
Help create better relationships between employees and supervisors.
Decrease the turnover rate among production worker and improve financial performance.
IDP - What it actually does:
provides a basis for the employee and supervisor to discuss current performance standards
provide advice and course of action for career advancement
helps to retain talent as well as improve current performance levels
Developmental Activities - (DA)
IDP and Developmental Activities
Employees will be able to meet the objectives stated in their developmental plans through the use of developmental activities.
This will help your organisation to increase its profitability and performance, as well as reduce its retention rates.
Managers role in IDP's
Employee’s must rely on their direct managers to help guide them through achieving such goals and objectives stated in their individual plans.
Motivation and Managers
Managers must feel motivated to perform functions that will support the employee’s completion of developmental objectives.
Identifies how production workers can utilise skills and behaviours for achieving IDP goals and objectives.
Motivate mid-level managers to implement developmental plans for all employees and for themselves
Benefits for your organisation - F.D. Hamilton
Boost bottom line
"The achievements of an organisation are the results of the combined effort of each individual".
Advice for F.D. Hamilton:
It is important that you communicate, develop & continually improve in order to ensure that development plans are successful.
"Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself, and then do what is necessary to make it a reality".
Main benefits of developmental plans:
Learn new skills
IDP Issues and Recommendations:
Little emphasis placed on development plans
Little information was given in regards to developmental activities (DA)
- appropriate awareness to be made to all employees highlighting the importance of developmental plans.
- implementing developmental activities in line with the IDP's to all staff members.
DA Issues and Recommendations:
DA's only made available for upper-level management and only 15% engaged in a DA in the past year
- provide full support from management to employees when implementing IDP's.
Manager Issues and Recommendations:
missing link between managers not being able to see the relevance of developing and following up the current plans
- managers must promote, engage and support such developmental plans and activities.
- link manager IDP's with a rewards system relating to employee IDP's achievements and milestones.
- use the feedforward interview technique so managers can fully utilise all production workers
360 Degree Feedback Recommendations:
- use the 360 degree feedback to address behaviour skills such as communication, team work and leadership.
- important to continually improve as managers and employees to ensure that IDP’s are successful
Final Recommendations for F.d. Hamilton Inc.
In order to
successfully implement IDP's
, you will need to fulfil the recommendations provided to ensure
reduced turnover rate
in production workers leading to an
increase in profitability.
Thanks for your attention!