Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
System of Equations - elimination
Transcript of System of Equations - elimination
(+)2x+5y=31 5x+0=15 The variable (y) was eliminated After you've eliminated the (y) you just solve it like a regular equation 5x=15 DIVIDE
5 5 x=3 Then you plug the (x) back in either of the equations. 3x-5y= -16
2x+5y=31 2(3)+5y=31 6+5y=31 -6 -6 5y=25 5 5 y=5 So you have:
Then you have to write as a coordinate
(x,y) So your answer is (3,5) Now try your own 3x-2y=13
x+2y=7 1.44x - 3.24y= -5.58
1.08x +3.24y=9.99 Make your own and then answer it. Now how to use elimination with multiplication. 3x+4y= -25
2x-3y=6 You have to make equal variables by multiplying one equation by a number and then the other by a different number. Multiply by 2
Multiply by -3 6x+8y= -50
-6x+9y= -18 1. 2. 3.