Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cultural, Social & Economic Influences & Trends on Interior Design Industry
Transcript of Cultural, Social & Economic Influences & Trends on Interior Design Industry
The following are examples of just some of the cultural influences of the digital age:
The ‘Zeitgeist’ or spirit of the time
Fashion and artistic movements
Home and furniture expos
Current political or topical issues
Regional histories and/or traditions
Economic influences on current interior design trends
• nature and quality of materials used
• expected size of dwellings or spaces
• use of mass-produced or custom-designed items.
A 500 word report on how the following affects this project:
(i) cultural, social and economic influences; and
(ii) trends identified and analysed in the brief.
This report should be supported by images of similar projects, products and spaces in Australia and overseas.
Cultural, Social & Economic
Influences & Trends
Social influences on current interior
Social influences may include fluctuations in one or more of the following:
• social status symbols
• employment types and practices
• identification with and/or belonging to groups, social
• networks or cultures.