Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cultural, Social & Economic Influences & Trends on Interior Design Industry
Transcript of Cultural, Social & Economic Influences & Trends on Interior Design Industry
The following are examples of just some of the cultural influences of the digital age:
The ‘Zeitgeist’ or spirit of the time
Fashion and artistic movements
Home and furniture expos
Current political or topical issues
Regional histories and/or traditions
Economic influences on current interior design trends
• nature and quality of materials used
• expected size of dwellings or spaces
• use of mass-produced or custom-designed items.
A 500 word report on how the following affects this project:
(i) cultural, social and economic influences; and
(ii) trends identified and analysed in the brief.
This report should be supported by images of similar projects, products and spaces in Australia and overseas.
Cultural, Social & Economic
Influences & Trends
Social influences on current interior
Social influences may include fluctuations in one or more of the following:
• social status symbols
• employment types and practices
• identification with and/or belonging to groups, social
• networks or cultures.