Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Weapons of WWI
Transcript of Weapons of WWI
2. Striker activates spark and strikes the powder in the Powder Train 3. Hold grenade to desired time and throw it. 4. After thrown the spark travels through powder until it reaches the igniter/detonater, blowing up the grenade, sending fragments/filler flying everywhere Offensive Throws Defensive Throws
Small explosion Large Explosion
Max Damage Minimum Damage
8-10 yds. 30-50 yds. 3.Artillery Many people under fire experienced not only physical damage but mental damage, otherwise known as shellshock, imagine an artilley shell landing in the ground beside you not exploding and trying to be able to remain calm knowing you almost died and that shell was meant to kill you 4.Poison Gas Mustard Resp. Tear painful, causes blisters in damp areas of body temporary, aka-mace, pain to eyes and face DEATH BY SUFFFICATION Delivery:
Barrels- gas moved in direction wind blew, caused problems
Bottles- snipers could shoot them, noisy when traveling
Artillery- fired gas filled shells 5.Tanks Early tanks were not meant to go through trenches 4-8 mph. Heavy
3-16 soliders. 8 was average
Made to break through barbed wire
Overheated Some tanks couldnt cary 3 people 6. Planes Made for spying.
Later made for dogfighting. WWI TRIPLANE Dogfighting- machine gunners positioned in passenger seat of the plane shooting enemies planes. Later pilots were able to control the machine guns. Red Baron 80 kills- Ace
*Dont focus on one enemy!
*Dont fly too low!
*Dont fly across enemy lines!
He disobeyed every rule which lead to his death 7.Zeppelins Gas masks were a prevention of gas Germans were the first to have zeppelins Meant for spying and bombing For most rigid airships the gasbags were made of many sheets of goldbeater's skin from the intestines of cows. About 200,000 were needed for a typical World War I Zeppelin. Zeppelin LZ-86 participated in two reconnaissance missions around the North Sea and one attack on England dropping 300 kg of bombs. Returning from England, she was destroyed by French flak fire near Compiègne on 17 March 1917. 8. U-Boats First used as blockades to stop U.S. from exporting contriband to Europe. Second used as a weapon By: Garrett Ring