Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hallowe'en
Hallowe´en came about on the XVII century and it is a scottish abreviation of "Allhallow-even", which means "eve of all saints".
It can also be written Halloween.
Traditional Hallowe'en Games
Samhain was also a time to relax and to play games. Some are still played till today.
Irish immigrants took Hallowe'en to the USA.
They dressed in a creepy way to confuse the spirits.
Hallowe’en has an ancient origin, Samhain. this holiday stated the beginning of winter and the end of harvesting. Traditionally, it lasted three days which is now the catholic celebrations of the 1st and 2nd of november.
An Ancient Tradition
If You see a spider in Hallowe'en it means that someone you care about is looking at you.
This holiday is associated with ghosts, spirits and death. It was believed that the dead and subworld beings came back and walked among the living.
The first masks were made of animal bones and skin.