Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Government Initiatives GCSE PE OCR
Transcript of Government Initiatives GCSE PE OCR
To ensure more people are active it is important that all sections of society are equally developed.
Methods of Encouraging people into Physical activity
1. Using photos and images with a range of participants.
1. Research two other government initiative. Identify:
Who its aimed at
What are its goals
How it achieves these goals
Is it working
Eg Five Choices, Change 4 life, Healthy Living programme, 5 a day message or others you can find
UK sports organistations have identified 5 target groups whose participation rates are lowest. What are they?
Black and ethnic minority groups
50+ age group
2. allocating financial resources for physical activity
3.Senior figures in the sport making public statements about their intention to tackle equality issues.
"Racism is not only a problem in football, it's a problem in society. Until we tackle it in society, we can't tackle it in football."
John Barnes, former England midfielder
4. In articles or featured stories of publications address the issue of equality from both negative and positive standpoints
5. Raising the profile of physical activity and sport for minority groups
Encourages parents across the country to share good practice on how to get children to eat more fruit and vegetables.
It targets young families from low income backgrounds with children ages between 2-11.
Either copy or write in your own words the practical applications from your text book
What are the government guidelines on physical activity
How many hours a week should we take part in sport (children and adults)
What are the guidelines in terms of aerobic and muscle strengthening activities (pg 156)