Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Bay of Pigs Period 3
Transcript of Bay of Pigs Period 3
-The U. S government distrusted Castro and was very scared of the relationship that that he and Nikita Khrushchev , Leader of the Soviet Union, had.
-Kennedy made a plan by the CIA, that Eisenhower developed, to train Cuban Exiles for invasions to their Homelands.
-The Plan was anticipated that the Cuban people and the Cuban military support this invasion.
- The original plan called for two air strikes against the Cuban Air bases, but instead they decided to send 1,400 men to launch a surprise attack.
-The Ultimate goal was to overthrow Castro and the establishment of a non-communist government . History of the Conflict Justifying Arguments Opposing Arguments The invasion wasn't originally his idea in the first place.
Kennedy did not organize and plan out the invasion which led to failure and the Cuban Missile Crisis.
From this battle, Kennedy embarrassed not only himself and his administration but our entire nation as well.
Although Kennedy put fear into Castro's eyes, Castro retaliated by threatening our Nation.
114 died, 1500 imprisoned
Lead to Operation Mongoose
Lead to the Cuban Misile Crisis Group Decision Agreeing to a no.
The reason why it failed.
THANK YOU! Genesis Huchim
Takuma Nishiya Bay of Pigs (1961) Cuba and Bay of Pigs Kennedy put fear into Castro's eyes that we may attack again and the next time America may be successful.
Kennedy made Cuba fear America therefore in a way making us more dominate than them.
The ultimate goal was to overthrow Castro and establish a non-communist government also to stop communism from spreading to other areas of the world