Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
T-PULSE Implementing Active Learning
Transcript of T-PULSE Implementing Active Learning
are ruled by inertia F=ma How we set up our classroom
dynamic from the beginning
is very important! When a student asks a question, what is my job? is it to get straight to the point? The 5-minute
University Question tag Objectives The participant will:
Describe the components of a successful teaching strategy for active learning.
Develop strategies for handling student questions.
Plan and execute a lesson using an active learning approach. Or to highlight
the bigger picture? 'Seed' ideas of active strategies Let's use a simulation to practice turning student
questions into teaching moments. 1. Write down a question.
2. At any given time, one participant will be the instructor, everyone else are the students.
3. One questioning student takes the question written by the instructor and asks that question as if it were his/her question.
4. Instructor questioning student. Repeat. The Plan Clarification
Redirection Response Strategies 1. Choose a simple learning objective
2. Info from you (keep it brief!)
3. Active Strategy
4. Considerations The Plan pg 47 Pg 45 Binder pgs
49-57 "A winning effort begins with preparation."
-Joe Gibbs 5. Execution It takes work to grow
them into effective
strategies that work
for you. Example
Learning Objectives Apply the 'right hand rule' to a straight current carrying wire Compare falling bodies
and orbiting bodies Compute the determinant of a matrix. Active Strategies An active teaching strategy is a planned activity designed to get students to engage with, and construct knowledge about a topic through: -Peer instruction
-Collaboration Examples Think pair share
Pgs 49-57 A successful active
strategy: Promotes higher levels of thinking on Bloom's spectrum
Directly addresses a learning objective
Is well planned
Is fun (enjoyable)! Why do we use error bars?
What causes the seasons?
How do I factor a polynomial? Examples: