Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Pro Ana as a Sub Culture
Transcript of Pro Ana as a Sub Culture
From body disorder
Warning: This presentation contains images that may trigger body disorders. If you find the topic upsetting, please leave with our sincere apologies, this is not our intention.
The Etic Perspective:
The Emic Perspective:
It's all about perspective
Rites of Initiation
Post your picture
Ask for criticism
Connect with a Pro Ana "friend"
Constant posting and searching
Join the cult of Goddess Ana
Shun the Unbelievers or Bury them in Hate mail
Worship Goddess Ana
The Thin Commandments
1. If you aren't thin you aren't attractive.
2. Being thin is more important than being healthy.
3. Do anything to make yourself look thinner.
4. Thou shall not eat without feeling guilty.
5. Thou shall not eat fattening food without punishing oneself afterwards.
6. Thou shall count calories and restrict intake accordingly.
7. What the scale says is the most important thing.
8. Losing weight is good/gaining weight is bad.
9. You can never be too thin.
10. Being thin and not eating are signs of true will power and success.