Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social Media and Youth
Transcript of Social Media and Youth
- Wikipedia, "Social media" There are six types of social media:
- collaborative projects (e.g., Wikipedia)
- blogs and microblogs (e.g., Twitter)
- content communities (e.g., YouTube)
- virtual game worlds (e.g., World of Warcraft) - virtual social worlds (e.g. Second Life)
- social networking sites (e.g., Facebook) What types of social media do you use? SOCIAL MEDIA AND YOU YOUR DIGITAL SELF Twitter Is the New Megaphone SOCIAL MEDIA and ACTIVISM SOCIAL MEDIA AND YOUR FUTURE YOUTH and SOCIAL MEDIA What do you post online? What do you NOT post online? “Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t want plastered on a billboard with your face on it.” – Erin Bury, Sprouter community manager I've learned that social media and our private lives, you know, our private lives are not so private anymore, so it takes a little bit of getting used to. - Jeremy Lin, New York Knicks “You are what you tweet.” - Alex Tew, Monkey Inferno Casey & Richard 10 years from now, Casey will still have this video following him online. Unfortunately, employers are looking more and more to social media as a source of an informal interview. Your Facebook wall is the new reference check. Social Media is the New Interview Influence through social media channels reaches more individuals than any other medium on the planet. Kony 2012 The most watched video on YouTube When the revolution in Egypt occured, the government attempted to knock out communications to prevent people from coordinated protests. Twitter became the medium for organization and information. The rest of the world learned about the capture of Gaddafi through YouTube and social media before it even made it's way to convential media sources (TV, newspaper, etc.) Are you the same person online as you are in real life? Amy Huziak & Devlin Williams
SFL Summer Camp - PCTC, SK
August 8, 2012