Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Coil Building Ceramics
Transcript of Coil Building Ceramics
"Handbuilding" is working with clay by hand using only simple tools, not the pottery wheel. Before potters had the wheel, they were creating beautiful pots and clay forms using clay, their hands and fingers, and basic hand tools.
How to Roll a Coil
1. Take desired amount of clay
2. Roll the clay with hands against the table
**Remember like playing with Play Dough when you were younger?!**
your prefered type of modeling clay!
A piece of clay rolled like a rope, used in making pottery.
A method of kneading clay to make it homogenous by cutting and rolling.
Clay mixed with water with a mayonnaise consistency. Used in casting and decoration.
Stage of the clay between plastic and bone dry. Clay is still damp enough to join it to other pieces using slip. For example, this is the stage handles are applied to mugs.
Completely air dry
Loop Tools and Ribbon Tools
Used for trimming
wood modeling tool
Variety of shapes sed to model the clay
used to shape and smooth clay
used for trimming and scoring
Similar to ribs but are liter and used for wet and to leather-hard greenware
used to smoooooooooooooooooooth
Wire Clay Cutter
Clay of course!
Making scratches on the surface of two pieces of clay s that they can ft together like velcro