Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Project presentation
Group number: 11-28
Group members: Leow Ee-J (2i1) (Group Leader)
Lee Wen Hao Eugene (2i1)
Lee Wei An, Ian (2P1)
Soh Zhi Hong (2P1)
2050- Silver Darkness
1. Which solution has the widest reach such that we can influence the most number of citizens to accept elderly policies thus improving the relationships between citizens and elderly?
2. Which solution evokes the most empathy in the population such that we increase acceptance for elderly policies thus improving the relationships between citizens and elderly?
3. Which solution is the most palatable to citizens while improving acceptance for elderly policies and relationships between citizens and elderly?
4. Which solution is the quickest to increase acceptance for elderly policies and improve the relationships between citizens and elderly?
5. Which solution is the least resource-taxing such that we increase acceptance for elderly policies and the relationships between citizens and elderly improve?
Since the scenario states that the government is expending a significant amount of resources on the elderly, how might we increase acceptance for elderly policies such that relationships between citizens and elderly improve in the year 2050 and beyond in Singapore?
We, the Fitness at Twilight (FAT) will create a highly interactive “Olympics” in which elderly and citizens compete with each other in simple sporting tasks. The games will be carried out through a simple lightweight headset that will display a game before the users' eyes where the elderly is grouped with other citizens across the country. These simple tasks are calibrated to fit the physical needs of the elderly (lower agility, slower responses etc) and hence can accommodate both the youth and the elderly. These tasks can foster better relationships between the elderly and citizens, allowing for more bonded ties between them. This will cause citizens to be more receptive and supportive to elderly policies.
Solution 4: Olympics between citizens and elderly
Currently, there is a headset called the Rift which is a virtual reality head mounted display.
The Oculus Rift can be improved in future, and eventually become:
It is found out that...
Sports = Foster positive relationships
youth sport programs actively work to assure positive outcomes through developmentally appropriate designs and supportive child–adult (parent/coach) relationships.
Sports can foster better relationships between youths and the elderly. This can allow citizens be more supportive of the elderly, after getting to know them better and relating to them through a common avenue---games. In these games, at least the elderly can win, where boundaries such as age and physical ability is not important.
Solution 1: Gameshow
We, the Fantastic Arcade Game Show, will create a games how called “Who’s the most elderly-friendly?” This game show showcases participants (normal citizens) interacting with elderly and helping them with every day life. We will equip the elderly and participants with Smart Suits, which can track their heart rate, temperature and other bodily signs and run them through an algorithm to find out who is the most elderly-friendly. This gameshow will be broadcast live on social media via drones with cameras. By using a fun and interactive gameshow to show how citizens can support the elderly, the citizens will know how the policies affect the elderly positively. This can influence people to accept elderly policies and improve relationships and interaction between both parties.
Solution 2: Vacation breaks through Teleportation
Jeopardy! is an American television quiz show created by Merv Griffin, in which contestants are presented with trivia clues in the form of answers and must phrase their responses in the form of a question. It has also gained a worldwide following with a multitude of international adaptations. Hence, the audience for game shows are large and we can capitalise on that to achieve our aims.
Solution 3: Mesh Hologram Box
We, the Elderly Worldwide Travel, will create short “travel breaks” via teleportations to strategically placed vacation resorts, for people who are feeling annoyed with elderly. These vacation resorts are designed such that it can soothe the moods of people and provide a serene, calm environment for them to relax in. This will increase the citizen’s acceptance of the elderly policies by allowing people to be more relaxed after a break.This short break will hopefully increase their acceptance and reduce their frustration towards policies.
Americans use social media at least twice a day
According to Opinion Maker, the media has a huge impact on society in shaping the public opinion of the masses.
Pakistani media influenced the public opinion against the Taliban in Swat by repeated telecast of a video clip showing whipping of a woman by a Taliban.
Media influenced the public
Pressure forced government to take action against Talibans
Solution 5: Portable Lightweight Wristband
Thus, this shows how media can make people take actions.
Through the gameshow, which will be broadcast on television, can influence people to accept elderly policies through improving relationships and interaction between two parties.
We, WristEncrawler Inc., will devise a portable, lightweight wristband compulsory for the normal citizens to wear. This wristband is programmed such that whenever an elderly is in any governmental agencies (eg. polyclinics, CC), and benefits from elderly policies, personnel can ask them if they would like to thank the nation. If so, the personnel can press a button that broadcasts the computer generated thank-you message to other wristbands. By reading the messages, users can learn how elderly policies have helped the elderly, allowing them to be more supportive of these elderly policies. Wristbands will be made available from 2050 onwards, in Singapore.
We, the ImationOrganisers Co. , will develop a 5D technology power package box (Mesh), to educate the population on the needs of the elderlies through an immersive experience. This will create awareness of the welfare of elderly. This 5D technology power package box works in such a way that when one activates his Mesh, a virtual environment opens up around him. It will play out the daily experiences an elderly might have to go through and the possible challenges he might face in everyday life. This will be incorporated as part of the school syllabus where students have to participate at least once a week, and will be made available in Community Centres nationwide. This will greatly make the population understand the welfare needs of the elderlies, and empathise with them, so that they would be more supportive of elderly policies. This will happen in the year 2050 starting worldwide.
A team of researchers in
successfully transported quantum data from one computer chip to another.
Our body = Tons of information
One of the six habits of cultivating empathy
is by listening to others./Feeling the impact things have on the user.
Hence, with these wristbands, the citizens may be able to experience how many elderly benefit from the taxes they paid and hence can become more sympathetic and acceptable.
Mark Rosekind, a chief scientist at Alertness Solutions, performed a study where participants had their quality of sleep and reaction times monitored.
They vacationed for a week to 12 days and they were also monitored three days before they left for vacation and three days after they returned home. After two to three days of vacation, their sleep improved and they slept an average of one hour longer and their reaction times
improved 80 percent.
According to the pcmag website, Apple has already started to seek a patent for advanced electronics that could unleash 5D technologies onto the world. 5D technologies have already started to be invented, making the possibility of a 5D technology power package box to be enhanced.
According to Hypergrid Business, FEARLESS NATION PTSD SUPPORT, held a virtual reality festival online to with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Category - Psychological Health
garner awareness for a movement.
can also raise acceptance towards elderly policies
"emotion directly causes behavior. "
-Does Emotion Cause Behavior
(Apart from Making People Do Stupid, Destructive Things)?
Just as emotions cause behaviour, these Mesh boxes will evoke sympathy and acceptance for the elderly in the people, causing them to have a shift in their mindset and change their behaviour to better accept the policies.
Shows that it has room for further improvement.
1. Mujtaba, R. (n.d.). MASS MEDIA AND ITS INFLUENCE ON SOCIETY. Opinion Maker RSS. Retrieved July 7, 2014, from http://www.opinion-maker.org/2011/01/mass-media-and-its-influence-on-society/
2. Gerber, C. (n.d.). Traveling is a Good Method to Release Stress. LoveToKnow. Retrieved July 7, 2014, from http://stress.lovetoknow.com/Traveling_is_a_Good_Method_to_Release_Stress
3. Release, P. (n.d.). Virtual festival to raise awareness of PTSD. Hypergrid Business. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2011/10/virtual-festival-to-raise-awareness-of-ptsd/
4. Fraser-Thomas, J. L. (n.d.). Youth sport programs: an avenue to foster positive youth development. Taylor & Francis. Retrieved July 7, 2014, from http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/1740898042000334890#.U7pzLPmSyV1
5. Williams, A. (n.d.). Coiled Beams Of Light Send 100 Terabits Per Second Through The Air. Popular Science. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-10/coiled-beams-light-send-100-terabits-second-through-air
6. Mlot, S. (n.d.). New Apple Patent Covers '5D' Technology. PCMAG. Retrieved July 7, 2014, from http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407618,00.asp
7. Research, E. (2012, June 1). Edison Research. The Social Habit. Retrieved July 7, 2014, from http://www.edisonresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/The-Social-Habit-2012-by-Edison-Research.pdf
8. Jeffrey, C. (n.d.). Scientists teleport quantum information across the room. Scientists teleport quantum information across the room. Retrieved July 7, 2014, from http://www.gizmag.com/teleport-quantum-information/32352/
9. Baumeister, R. F., DeWall, N., Vohs, K. D., & Alquist, J. L. (n.d.). Does Emotion Cause Behaviour?. Carlson School. Retrieved July 7, 2014, from http://www.carlsonschool.umn.edu/assets/128887.pdf
10. Coldplay spent £4.22 million on colour changing 'Mylo Xyloto' tour wristbands. (n.d.). NME.COM. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nme.com/news/coldplay/74427
raise awareness for people
Teleportation vacation breaks
According to another website, WearTech, firms (Amazon) are now gearing towards wearable technology, like smartwatches, and pushed out the Wearable Technology Store that solely focuses on improving wrist-technology.
Stress can certainly create a variety of problems; stress will likely increase your angry behaviors.
- Buck Black
LCSW, LCAC Anger Management Therapist