Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Vocabulary: Set 1
Transcript of Copy of Vocabulary: Set 1
consists of the words or phrases a writer uses to represent persons, objects, actions, feelings and ideas descriptively by appealing to the senses
occurs when the elements of a statement contradict each other
is a comparison of two unlike things not using like or as.
is a form of paradox that combines a pair of opposite terms into a single, unusual expression.
is a kind of metaphor that gives inanimate objects or abstract ideas human characteristics.
5b. Anthropomorphism- a type of personification applied to animals. Specifically, giving animals human characteristics.
is a comparison of two different things or ideas through the use of the words like or as.
is a deliberate, extravagant, and often outrageous exaggeration.
9. Motif -
is a term that describes a pattern or strand of imagery or symbolism.
the use of any object, person, place, or action that has a meaning in itself while standing for something larger than itself.
1. Figures of Speech or Figurative Language-
words or phrases that describe one thing in terms of something else.