Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Vocabulary: Set 1
Transcript of Copy of Vocabulary: Set 1
consists of the words or phrases a writer uses to represent persons, objects, actions, feelings and ideas descriptively by appealing to the senses
occurs when the elements of a statement contradict each other
is a comparison of two unlike things not using like or as.
is a form of paradox that combines a pair of opposite terms into a single, unusual expression.
is a kind of metaphor that gives inanimate objects or abstract ideas human characteristics.
5b. Anthropomorphism- a type of personification applied to animals. Specifically, giving animals human characteristics.
is a comparison of two different things or ideas through the use of the words like or as.
is a deliberate, extravagant, and often outrageous exaggeration.
9. Motif -
is a term that describes a pattern or strand of imagery or symbolism.
the use of any object, person, place, or action that has a meaning in itself while standing for something larger than itself.
1. Figures of Speech or Figurative Language-
words or phrases that describe one thing in terms of something else.