Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Star Trek and Cultural Capitalism
Transcript of Star Trek and Cultural Capitalism
Ferengi and Borg
Free market capitalists were intended to be the villains in
"[T]he main merit of individualism...is that it is a system under which bad men can do the least harm."
- Hayek (1948)
Free market capitalism embraces individualism
A Ferengi finds a conscience
The first Ferengi in Starfleet
Seven of Nine:
A Borg must accept her individuality
1990s economic growth primarily benefited the rich
Capitalists were intended to be the VILLAINS of TNG