Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
THE SOCIAL CONSTRUCTION OF DIFFERENCE by...allan g. Johnson
Transcript of THE SOCIAL CONSTRUCTION OF DIFFERENCE by...allan g. Johnson
"No one is white before he/she came to America. It took generations and a vast amount of coercion, before this became a white country."
THE SOCIAL CONSTRUCTION OF DIFFERENCE
Alan G. Johnson
Privilege exists when one
group has something of
value that is denied to
another simply because
of the groups they
Human beings come in a variety of heights...
Do you think Jared Taylor (from the last video) may be correct when he states that endorsing white privilege teaches non-whites to hate whites? Why or why not?
The first video on the myth of race gave some examples of when the definitions of race have changed over history. Can you predict any that may change in the future?