Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Study Skills. . .
Transcript of Study Skills. . .
Keep the end goal in mind. . .
8th graders want to be. . .
all require some of the same skills
are those skills?
Study and complete assignments
Have necessary supplies
Advice from current MHS students. . .
Turn in assignments by deadline
Be responsible for yourself
Be organized. . .
Be respectful to yourself, others' learning and property
Ask for help!
teachers, friends, parents,
Choose positive friends. . . .
What does that mean?
authors and journalists
tors of all kinds
And from current 9th grade teachers at MHS:
1. Use your agenda
2. Do all homework as if it is being graded for accuracy.
3. Don't get behind. Ask for help. Don't procrastinate.
4. Make sure you understand the GPA thing. It's for real.
5. Learn to use "teacher-pleasing" behaviors in class.
6. KNOW how to use Edmodo and IC.
7. Bring your excuse notes!
8. Get involved but don't overextend yourself.
9. Be positive!
Which path will you choose?
IC app: district ID = KHHV
GPA and Carnegie Units (Credits)
9th English A 93 A
Biology A 89 B
Math A 65 F
Health 98 A
Elective 81 B
Elective 79 C
9th English B 91 A
Biology B 90 A
Math B 75 C
PE 99 A
Elective 90 A
Elective 86 B
2.5 units/credits = 2.6 GPA
3 units/credits = 3.5 GPA
Need 5.5 to be promoted
Total GPA = 3.0
Miscellaneous Stuff. . . .
Dual Enrollment - Move on When Ready!
Zell Miller Scholarship
Governor's Honors Program
National Merit Scholarship Program
Pathways - what are they??
Hope GPA = 2.8
Typical 9th Grade Schedule
: Foundations of Alg, Algebra I, Accel A1/G, or Acc G/A2
: Biology, regular or gifted
: 9th Lit/Comp regular or gifted
Health and Personal Fitness
- 1 sem each
SS - World Georgraphy
AP Human Geography
Bass Fishing Club
Math Team (JV/V
National Honor Society
SPARK (SADD Chapter)
Tri-M Music Honor Society
Young Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians
From Warriors to Chiefs:
Class of 2020
Fine Arts Opportunities
50+ State Championship Teams