Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Types of Diseases
Transcript of Types of Diseases
Can affect any system in the body (circulatory, nervous, respiratory)
Types of Diseases
1. Hereditary- passed from parent to child
Where you live –or work
For example: Nuclear power plant
Poor health habits – tanning, smoking, drinking, poor diet, lack of exercise and emotional stress.
Causes of Non-Communicable Diseases
Have a balanced diet
Get regular exercise
Avoid tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
Regular check-ups can identify early warning signs
Preventing Non-Communicable Disease
Examples of Non-Communicable Diseases
A disease caused by direct or indirect spread of pathogens (bad germs) from a person or thing to another.
1) Pathogens = disease causing agents (bad germs)
2) Vectors = disease-causing organisms that carry pathogens from one host to another
Mosquitoes transmit malaria
Ticks transmit Lyme disease
Causes of Communicable Diseases
Direct contact - touching infected area of person
Indirect - sneezing, coughing, sharing personal items
Contact with vectors (animals and insects) - bites
Other contact - eating contaminated foods
How Communicable Diseases are spread:
Broken skin (cuts)
Ways Communicable Diseases get in your body: