Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"Rituals of Memory"
Transcript of "Rituals of Memory"
by Kimberly Blaeser
Comparing two things without using the words "like" or "as"
Ex: "Baby, you're a firework."
"Love is a battlefield."
"You are my sunshine, my only
Tips for Finding a Central Idea
sk what idea or message the details convey about the topic
xamine the specific details in each paragraph.
dentify the topic of each paragraph. Check first and last sentences very closely.
4.Write a sentence that states the idea or message of the paragraph in your
se the title.
Determining a Central Idea
The central idea is the most important point in the essay or text you are reading.
Sometimes it will be stated in the first paragraphs, but sometimes you will have to read the text
closely to find it.
What makes you who you are?
Consider the following to get you started:
DNA Experiences Family Friends Location
What is a Central Idea?