Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Les Rhone-Alpes - French Project
Transcript of Les Rhone-Alpes - French Project
-Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azure Countries -L'Italie
-La Suisse Major Cities -Ain
-Savoie Departments -Saint-Étienne
-Villeurbanne Capital: Lyon Mountains and Glaciers -Tallest point of the Alpes: Le Mont Blanc
-Height: 4,810 meters
-400 km^2 of glaciers Rivers -Le Loire
-Le Rhône Population Stats -Total population: 6,218,444
-Contains 10% of France population
-32% of population is under 25
-53,000 people move here every year Ethnicity and Immigration -Originally inhabited by paleolithic and neolithic age peoples
-Many share a Celtic heritage
-37% of people arriving in Rhône-Alpes are coming from the bordering regions Bibliography Brinkhoff, Thomas. "France: Rhône-Alpes." City Population. Thomas Brinkhoff, n.d. Web. Oct.-Nov. 2012. <http://www.citypopulation.de/France-RhoneAlpes.html>.
"France Map - Map of French Regions." Bonjour La France. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Oct. 2012. <http://www.bonjourlafrance.com/france-map/map-of-french-regions.htm>.
"Geography." Rhône-Alpes. RRA, n.d. Web. 23 Oct. 2012. <http://en.rhonealpes.fr/355-geography-rhone-alpes.htm>.
"Rhône-Alpes." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 23 Oct. 2012. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rh%C3%B4ne-Alpes>. Part II: Culture Origins and Prehistory Origins - It was conquered by the Romans in 4000 BC
-Origins and Prehistory- Les Rhône-Alpes were founded by the Roman Gauls in 5000 BC Prehistorical Sites - Les Rhône-Alpes is home to the widely
known Paleolithic Sanctuary
- Rhône-Alpes contains 2,420 protected
historic monuments Flag and Cultural Festivals Flag Cultural Festivals - The Lyon Lumiere Festival is
a famous tradition
- Millions of people go to see it Regional Customs and Traditions Industrialism - Was known as the capital of
the silk industry
- Known for bicycle manufacturing Agriculture - Is covered mostly in farm land
- France's leading producer of
dairy and produce Regional Music Style Jazz Traditional Style Clothing Men - Felt at falling edges, biaude with embroidery collar shirt
- Black hat link with wool trousers, kilote bridge, and velvet, cotton straps. Women - Wide brimmed straw hat, black lace bodice adorned with lace, silk apron skirt in printed cashmere shawl, and white shoes. Works Cited "Rhône-Alpes Over The Centuries." Rhône-Alpes. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://en.rhonealpes.fr/360-history-museum-region-rhone-alpes.htm>.
"Regional Guide to Rhône-Alpes." Hunt-A-Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://www.hunt-a-home.com/france-area-guide/rhone-alpes.php>.
"A Fantastic Heritage." Rhône-Alpes. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://en.rhonealpes.fr/353-heritage-rhone-alpes.htm>.
"Flag Rhône-Alpes (France)." Flags and Anthems. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://www.flags-and-anthems.com/state/flag-rhone-alpes.html>.
"Rhône-Alpes Local Customs." Bienvenue a La Region Rhône-Alpes. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://alarhonealpes.wordpress.com/customs/>.
"Jazz in Vienne, Is New Orleans in Rhône-Alpes - Rhône-Alpes Tourism." Rhône-Alpes Tourism. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://en.rhonealpes-tourisme.com/1125/jazz-a-vienne-c-est-new-orleans-in-rhone-alpes.html>.
"Rhônes-Alpes Traditional Costumes." L'Internaute. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://www.linternaute.com/actualite/magazine/dossier/tour-de-france-des-costumes-traditionnels/rhones-alpes.shtml>.