Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Les Rhone-Alpes - French Project
Transcript of Les Rhone-Alpes - French Project
-Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azure Countries -L'Italie
-La Suisse Major Cities -Ain
-Savoie Departments -Saint-Étienne
-Villeurbanne Capital: Lyon Mountains and Glaciers -Tallest point of the Alpes: Le Mont Blanc
-Height: 4,810 meters
-400 km^2 of glaciers Rivers -Le Loire
-Le Rhône Population Stats -Total population: 6,218,444
-Contains 10% of France population
-32% of population is under 25
-53,000 people move here every year Ethnicity and Immigration -Originally inhabited by paleolithic and neolithic age peoples
-Many share a Celtic heritage
-37% of people arriving in Rhône-Alpes are coming from the bordering regions Bibliography Brinkhoff, Thomas. "France: Rhône-Alpes." City Population. Thomas Brinkhoff, n.d. Web. Oct.-Nov. 2012. <http://www.citypopulation.de/France-RhoneAlpes.html>.
"France Map - Map of French Regions." Bonjour La France. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Oct. 2012. <http://www.bonjourlafrance.com/france-map/map-of-french-regions.htm>.
"Geography." Rhône-Alpes. RRA, n.d. Web. 23 Oct. 2012. <http://en.rhonealpes.fr/355-geography-rhone-alpes.htm>.
"Rhône-Alpes." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 23 Oct. 2012. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rh%C3%B4ne-Alpes>. Part II: Culture Origins and Prehistory Origins - It was conquered by the Romans in 4000 BC
-Origins and Prehistory- Les Rhône-Alpes were founded by the Roman Gauls in 5000 BC Prehistorical Sites - Les Rhône-Alpes is home to the widely
known Paleolithic Sanctuary
- Rhône-Alpes contains 2,420 protected
historic monuments Flag and Cultural Festivals Flag Cultural Festivals - The Lyon Lumiere Festival is
a famous tradition
- Millions of people go to see it Regional Customs and Traditions Industrialism - Was known as the capital of
the silk industry
- Known for bicycle manufacturing Agriculture - Is covered mostly in farm land
- France's leading producer of
dairy and produce Regional Music Style Jazz Traditional Style Clothing Men - Felt at falling edges, biaude with embroidery collar shirt
- Black hat link with wool trousers, kilote bridge, and velvet, cotton straps. Women - Wide brimmed straw hat, black lace bodice adorned with lace, silk apron skirt in printed cashmere shawl, and white shoes. Works Cited "Rhône-Alpes Over The Centuries." Rhône-Alpes. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://en.rhonealpes.fr/360-history-museum-region-rhone-alpes.htm>.
"Regional Guide to Rhône-Alpes." Hunt-A-Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://www.hunt-a-home.com/france-area-guide/rhone-alpes.php>.
"A Fantastic Heritage." Rhône-Alpes. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://en.rhonealpes.fr/353-heritage-rhone-alpes.htm>.
"Flag Rhône-Alpes (France)." Flags and Anthems. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://www.flags-and-anthems.com/state/flag-rhone-alpes.html>.
"Rhône-Alpes Local Customs." Bienvenue a La Region Rhône-Alpes. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://alarhonealpes.wordpress.com/customs/>.
"Jazz in Vienne, Is New Orleans in Rhône-Alpes - Rhône-Alpes Tourism." Rhône-Alpes Tourism. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://en.rhonealpes-tourisme.com/1125/jazz-a-vienne-c-est-new-orleans-in-rhone-alpes.html>.
"Rhônes-Alpes Traditional Costumes." L'Internaute. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2012. <http://www.linternaute.com/actualite/magazine/dossier/tour-de-france-des-costumes-traditionnels/rhones-alpes.shtml>.