Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Emancipation Day (March 22 in Puerto Rico)
Transcript of Emancipation Day (March 22 in Puerto Rico)
On March 22, 1873, slavery was abolished from the island of Puerto Rico. Since 1866, Pariment had been reciving petitions for the abolishment of slavery. In 1873, the Spanish National Assembly decided to abolish slavery in Puerto Rico. However, the slaves were required to stay with thier previous masters for
three years after the emancipation. Celebration activities include
1. Dancing to plena and bomba music
2. eating Carribean cuisine
3. the history of black Puerto Ricans is celebrated
4. the community gets together to sing, dance and eat
An example of Bomba music
Some bomba dancing