Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of main idea
It states the central idea to be developed.
It may be expressed or implied.
It is also called as the topic sentence If it is expressed, it is found at the beginning of the paragraph, at the end of the paragraph or anywhere between first or last sentences. If it is implied,the central idea is hinted in the developing sentence. Put together
sentences; Identify/ mark the
topic sentence of
each paragraph; Summarizes all
sentences. Sample paragraph on how to get the Main Idea: The movie Apollo 13 was a blockbuster for the summer of 1995. It is an exciting story about space exploration. In the movie, the astronauts get in trouble while they are trying to return to Earth. People in the audience are on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens. What makes it even more exciting is that it is a true story. 1.What is the Main
Idea in the paragraph?
2. Where it is located? 1. What is the main idea in the paragraph?
ANSWER: The movie Apollo 13 was a blockbuster for the summer of 1995.
2. Where it is located?
ANSWER: It is found at the beginning of paragraph. Radios have been stolen from four cars in our parking garage this month. Each time, the thieves have managed to get by the parking garage security with radios in hand, even though they do not have a parking garage identification card, which people must show as they enter and exit the garage. Yet each time, the security officers say they have seen nothing unusual. Which of the following best summarizes
the statement's Main Idea?
a.There are too many thefts in the garage.
b.There are not enough security guards.
c.There is something wrong with the security in the parking garage. ANSWER: C,"There is something wrong with the security in the parking garage." Step Three Step One Step Two Speakers Cherie Mae S. Golosino Joyreen M. Quezada Thank you for listening. Spread the Love of God :) <3 Q AND A :) 1.) Most teenagers and young adults do not know what they want to do for the rest of their lives. It is a big decision. There are a number of things you can do to narrow the choices. For example you can take an interest test, do some research on your own about a career, try volunteer work in the field in which you are interested, or "job-shadow", in which you spend a day with a person who is working in a field that interests you. These are just a few helpful ideas as you begin to choose a career. Questions to be followed: 1. What is the main idea in each paragraph?
2. Where it is located?
3. Identify whether it is expressed or implied. 3.) Usually, neither white nor brown sugar is sifted before measuring. White. sugar, however, if it is at all lumpy (confectioners sugar frequently is) should be sifted first, spooned into a dry measure, and leveled off with the edge of a spatula or knife. Brown sugar, on the other hand, must be packed into the cup so firmly as to keep the shape of the cup when it is turned out. If brown sugar is lumpy, it can be rolled or sifted before measuring. Free-flowing brown sugar is poured into a cup or fractional cup and leveled.
2.) The invention of the typewriter provided a means by which women could gain access and entry into the heretofore exclusively male world of the business office. World War I and World War II provided additional office work opportunities for women in the labor force due to the vast number of men in the military. Also, within the military, a large area of employment was opened with the formation of the women’s service branches---a large part of which consisted of office work. Over the years there has been an increase in the number of women employed in office work.