Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
~Adaptation of animals and plants in the polar regions~
Transcript of ~Adaptation of animals and plants in the polar regions~
Other animals that live in Antarctica...
Krill, Whale, Wandering albatross and Antarctic skua.
~Emperor Penguins~ ~ Their feathers are very dense and also quite capable of withstanding cold. Feathers are slicky and waterproof. Cold weather penguins have a layer of fat that insulates them and they can self-regulate their core body temperatures. Shivering, walking, swimming and other subtle movements aid in maintaining warmth too. ~
~Other penguins that have the same way to adapt are:-
King Penguins, Adelie Penguins, Chinstrap Penguins and Gentoo Penguins.~ Done by: Rachna, Feng Jun (Emily), Jovia, Michael and Amaliyah. How do you feel in the polar region???
Well ofcourse you will feel cold... At the Antarctic region, tempreture could reach untill −60°C!!! That's a freezing temperature! But at the Artic region, it is −50 °C...
How does the animals adapt to this extremly low temperature?
Well, you are going to find out VERY soon... (>.<)