Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
5 Themes of Geography: Philippines
Transcript of 5 Themes of Geography: Philippines
*Absolute location: 13°N and 122°E
*Located on the continent of Asia
*In the Northern and Eastern Hemispheres.
*Relative Location: Southeastern Asia, it is an archipelago between the Philippine Sea and the South China Sea, East of Vietnam.
*Distance from Columbus,IN to Manila Philippines is 8343 mi or 13365 km.
*The flight time from Indianapolis, IN to Manila, Philippines is 17 hours and 7 minutes.
*Physical features and landforms:Mostly mountains with narrow to extensive coastal lowlands.
*Climate: Has tropical maritime climate and it is usually hot and humid all year. There are 3 seasons: the hot season, rainy season, and the cool dry season.
*The capital of the Philippines is Manila.
*The 3 biggest cities are Quezon City, Manila, and Caloocan.
* Home to thousands of flowering plants and ferns. Forests cover 1/4 of the land area.
*There are more than 200 species of mammals, more than 50 species of bats, and hundreds of species of birds.
*Lowest elevation: Philippine Sea 0 m (0 ft)
* Highest elevation: Mount Apo 2954 m (42500 ft)
*Housing: With less financial possibilities, the architecture and construction materials are more simple. Wooden planks, board, bamboo, and straw are material for traditional houses.
*Population: 105,720,644 (2013 est.)
*Languages : Official languages are Filipino and English but almost everyone speaks Filipino.
*Customs and traditions: The older a person is, the more respect you give him, people serve food no matter what the occasion is, and you must say "hello" or "goodbye"whenever you meet someone.
*Religion: 83% Catholic, 5% Islam, 12% other Christians, 1% other
*Economy: 40th largest in the world.
*One of the emerging economies.
*The GDP is 424.355 billion as of 2012.
Human Environment Interaction
*Most people live near bodies of water because fish is a very important part of the Philippine diet.
*Most big cities are located near coastal areas so it is easy to import and export goods and other things.
* More than 3/4 of the Philippines was covered with forests but due to deforestation, only 1/4 of the country is covered with forests today.