Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
5 Themes of Geography: Philippines
Transcript of 5 Themes of Geography: Philippines
*Absolute location: 13°N and 122°E
*Located on the continent of Asia
*In the Northern and Eastern Hemispheres.
*Relative Location: Southeastern Asia, it is an archipelago between the Philippine Sea and the South China Sea, East of Vietnam.
*Distance from Columbus,IN to Manila Philippines is 8343 mi or 13365 km.
*The flight time from Indianapolis, IN to Manila, Philippines is 17 hours and 7 minutes.
*Physical features and landforms:Mostly mountains with narrow to extensive coastal lowlands.
*Climate: Has tropical maritime climate and it is usually hot and humid all year. There are 3 seasons: the hot season, rainy season, and the cool dry season.
*The capital of the Philippines is Manila.
*The 3 biggest cities are Quezon City, Manila, and Caloocan.
* Home to thousands of flowering plants and ferns. Forests cover 1/4 of the land area.
*There are more than 200 species of mammals, more than 50 species of bats, and hundreds of species of birds.
*Lowest elevation: Philippine Sea 0 m (0 ft)
* Highest elevation: Mount Apo 2954 m (42500 ft)
*Housing: With less financial possibilities, the architecture and construction materials are more simple. Wooden planks, board, bamboo, and straw are material for traditional houses.
*Population: 105,720,644 (2013 est.)
*Languages : Official languages are Filipino and English but almost everyone speaks Filipino.
*Customs and traditions: The older a person is, the more respect you give him, people serve food no matter what the occasion is, and you must say "hello" or "goodbye"whenever you meet someone.
*Religion: 83% Catholic, 5% Islam, 12% other Christians, 1% other
*Economy: 40th largest in the world.
*One of the emerging economies.
*The GDP is 424.355 billion as of 2012.
Human Environment Interaction
*Most people live near bodies of water because fish is a very important part of the Philippine diet.
*Most big cities are located near coastal areas so it is easy to import and export goods and other things.
* More than 3/4 of the Philippines was covered with forests but due to deforestation, only 1/4 of the country is covered with forests today.