Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of MEANEY
Glucocorticoids and memory loss
History of Michael Meaney
- Professor of Medicine in the Departments of Psychiatry and Neurology & Neurosurgery in McGill University.
INTRODUCTION TO STUDY
LIT REVIEW (SIMILAR STUDY)
AIM of the study
(inependet , dependent control )
-independent group design
control-use to compare the independent variable
dependent variable- The rats has been manipulate , and the result of the glucocorticoid levels.
Independent variable- its the rat that has been manipulate, and to see what will happen to the glucocorticoid levels after being taken away from the mother
Daniel & Ashely
HISTORY OF CASE STUDY
As the result, the non-handle rats has a higher glucocorticoid levels, but the handle rats provide less glucocorticoid. It seem that the mother rat will help to activate the genes
The non-handle rats will provide more glucocorticoid then the handle rats. Which means that the handle rats has a better memory than the non- handle rats.
APPLICATION TO FUTURE STUDIES
- B.Sc. in Psychology/Biology
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology
- Ph.D. in Psychobiology
- Associate Director of the Douglas Hospital Research Centre in Montreal
- CIHR Senior Scientist
The aim of the study was to find out what is the effect of the glucocorticoids in the memory.
INDEPENDENT VARIABLES - The rats that were manipulated (taken away from their mother when young)
DEPENDENT VARIABLES - The result of the glucocorticoid levels of the rats.
CONTROL - Rats that were not seperated from their mother when young(Used to compare the dependent variable)
CHRONIC PSYCHOLOGICAL STRESS AND THE REGULATION OF PRO-INFLAMMATORY CYTOKINES: A GLUCOCORTICOID RESISTANCE MODEL
- explores whether chronic psychological stress alters the capacity of a synthetic glucocorticoid.
- also explored affective, behavioral, and hormonal pathways that might be responsible for declines in immune system glucocorticoid sensitivity among parents of cancer patients.
- research conducted on rats to find out the effect of what glucocortoids has on memory during old age.
There are no sampling technique, the participant are not human being.
Different group of rats, one group taken from the mother, and another group were not taken from the group.
pool with milky water
platform in the pool
The researcher put two set of rats in the pool and trace the rats as they find out the path off the platform
Meany and his team tracked the route of the rats as they sought out the platform based on the rats' memories of previous attempts to escape the water