Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Using BLOGS in your Online Class
Transcript of Using BLOGS in your Online Class
Ed Tech Du Jour
Dr. Heather Farmakis
Dr. Melissa Kaulbach
What is a blog?
a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer.
Short for weblog.
Blog. (n.d.). Merriam-Webster.com. Retrieved August 8, 2013, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/blog
Respond to each other and public to promote creation of knowledge
Share beyond confounds of online classroom
Students can create usernames that only the teacher knows
Creates a virtual space to share opinions and ideas more comfortably for those students who are generally shy
Only the teacher knows the true identities
Students connect assigned readings to current events
Students remain current on course readings because they will need to blog about it
300 word minimum
Address weekly readings
Respond to another blogger
Ways to Use Blogs
When to post. For example, each Wednesday by 7pm.