Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Concepts of Music
Transcript of The Concepts of Music
Definite/strong Time Signatures
Absence of Metre Constant tempo
Changes in tempo Note Values
Rhythm Types External (macro) structure Contrast Unity Internal (micro) structure World Music structures
Non-standard forms Phrases
Question and Answer
Call and response
Repetition Layer identification Roles of layers Relationships Layer density Sound material Method of sound production Types of sound:
Synthesised Types of instruments:
Vocal Range and Register Instrumental and Vocal Techniques Instrumental combinations Descriptive words Dynamic levels Changes in dynamics Tempo Articulation Ornamentation Instrumental and vocal techniques Electronic manipulation Melody Harmony Definite/indefinite Tonality Pitch direction and contour Register and range Ornamentation Ostinato
Chord structure Modulation Dissonance and consonance Drone
Suspension and resolution