Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sex and Gender
Transcript of Sex and Gender
Sex & Gender:What’s the difference?
Genetic (phenotypic expressions)
Cultural (i.e. is learned, not fixed)
Standards of behavior
Roles for men and women (occasionally third genders).
XX, XY doesn’t really cover the range of human genetic expression
At least 5 sexes
secondary sex characteristics
Roles are culturally determined
Wide variety of assumptions about what masculine and feminine are.
There are not consistent patterns across time and space
Implicit and explicit
6 Feb 2017
Foucault and the history of Western conceptions of human sexuality
Patriarchy, needs clear cut boundaries between male and female
Control of bodies- Discipline
Why Does Society Care about Sex or Gender Expression?
Alternate Conceptions of Gender