Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Anecdotes
In Search of...
telling stories within stories
Explain how anecdotes can be useful tools in writing a paper.
What’s another situation (something other than a class assignment) in which you could use an anecdote to make a point?
Were you successful in using your anecdotes to get your point across? Why or why not?
A short and interesting story taken from a person’s past experience.
In writing, they engage, involve and interest a reader.
Adds a personal/human dimension.
Now it's your turn!
re-read the essay
find 3 anecdotes
Identify the point the author is trying to illustrate by telling each story. What does he want the reader to realize?
Explain what would be lost if the author used simple explanation instead of a story.
definition from: http://www.englishbiz.co.uk/extras/writingskillsanecdotes.htm
Why relationships matter
The reward of doing it yourself
Being mistreated or misunderstood
Learning a lesson
Why a certain rule is good or bad
Or your own topic!
Did it work?
Trade with a partner
What's the main point of each story?
Circle words or phrases that make the idea clear.