Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of CIP Presentation
II. Resilience, Drought and Scales
III. Functional traits and their relationship with drought tolerance in potato
Global Program of Integrated Crop and Systems Research
Production System and the Environment Sub-Program
David A. Ramírez
SO2: Enhancing Food Security in Asia through the Intensification of Local Cereal-based systems with the “Precocious” Potato
de Goede & Brussaard. 2002. Soil zoology: an indispensable component of integrated ecosystem studies. European Journal of Soil Biology 38:1-6
mulch (wood shavings)
* Climate Change
Resilience and Drought
Resilience across different organizational scales
I. Challenges posed by Climate Change in the CIP-Strategic Objectives development
Sommer et al. (2013). Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environments 178: 78-99
Chen et al. / Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability 5 (2013) 116-127
Elmqvist et al./ Front. Ecol. Environm. 1(9): 488-494
Sommer & de Pauw.
Sommer & de Pauw
PARTIAL ROOT-ZONE DRYING
Endogenous and exogenous rhythms
Phenological states and drought timing effect
Source: Shipley (2010) . From plant traits to vegetation structure. Cambridge University Press.
Trait : “is any measured property of a thing or an average property from a collection of things”
* Integrative across the growing period
* Relationship with high levels of spatial scales
Source: Jarvis (1995)
Sommer & de Paul. Plant Soil (2011) 338:273-288
* Response Diversity Resilience
* SOC Conservation and Monitoring
* Definition of Drought Scenarios
* Integrative functional traits
* Interaction with biotic and abiotic stresses
Laser-Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy
D. Milori, A. Segnini, W. Da Silva, A. Posadas, V. Mares, R. Quiroz, & L. Martin-Neto
& contributions from L. Claessens & K. Shepherd
Emerging techniques for soil carbon measurements
Thomas, R.J. 2008. Agriculture Ecosystems & Environment 126: 34-45