Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Onion Osmosis
When we removed the salt solution and added fresh water, the pigmented sections grew primarily large and round, and over time settled to fit their rectangular walls. Due to the hypertonic nature of the Sodium Chloride solution surrounding the onion cells, the central vacuoles and cell membranes shrunk significantly and the white space between cells grew.
When fresh distilled water was added, the white spaces all but disappeared and the equilibrium was restored.