Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Types of Maps
Transcript of Types of Maps
There are many different types of maps that are used for different purposes.
The following are just some of the many types of maps
These maps show countries, states and their boundaries, plus capital cities and major cities
These maps show oceans and islands, the shape and height of the land, and major landforms.
Can you name what type each of these maps are?
These maps use colour or shading to show differences in percentage or proportion of a topic or measurement
These show the human and physical features of the land surface. They show a great amount of detail of a smaller area.
These use lines to show areas of equal pressure or height
These maps focus on a particular feature or theme and use colour or symbols to show
These show the names of places and geographical features, such as towns, cities, rivers, mountains etc.
A mud map is a simplified diagram or sketch of a route, containing only essential features.
This is the type of map you would draw if someone asked you for directions to the shops.