Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Rock Types
2. Identify how each rock type is formed.
3. Identify where each rock type is typically found. Objectives: Formed from a melt (magma).
Have intruded into or erupted into the surrounding rock. Igneous Rocks Where are they found? Formed through the erosion of pre-exisiting rocks and material.
Material usually cemented together. Sedimentary Rocks Where are they found? Granite Examples Sandstone Examples Formed from pre-exisiting rock, and has undergone a change in mineralogy.
Formed near a magma intrusion or underwent a lot of pressure. Metamorphic Rocks Where are they found? Gneiss Examples 1. Images courtesy of Google Images and my personal pictures.
2. Essentials of Geology (3rd Edition) by: Marshak Resources MsMcDonald
Rock Type Quiz Quiz Time! Rhyolite Gabbro Limestone Shale