Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Social media
Images from Shutterstock.com What is ? Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks.
Moreover, social media depend on mobile and web-based technologies to create highly interactive platforms through which individuals and communities share, create, discuss, and modify user-generated content. Advantages and disadvantages of social media Advantages:
Helps to communicate in an easier way.
Allows employees, citizens, students, people in general to discuss ideas, post news, ask questions and share links. The world's social media in 2011 There are many types and many ways of using social media, but in this presentation, we will discuss only 3, they are:
1) Social Networks - Services that allow you to connect with other people of similar interests and background. The most popular are Facebook and Linkedin.
2) Media Sharing - Services that allow you to upload and share various media such as pictures and video. The most popular are YouTube and Flicker.
3) Microblogging - Services that focus on short updates that are pushed out to anyone subscribed to receive the updates. The most popular is Twitter. Types of social media Index : 1) What is social media ?
2) The advantages and disadvantages of social media .
3) The world's social media in 2011.
4) Different types of social media.
5) Questions Disadvantages:
Opens up the possibility for hackers to launch spam and virus attacks.
May result in negative comments from employees about the company.
May cause problems because of the bad/dirty comments between students in school while chatting. Questions 1) What is social media ?
2) Name the 3 types of social media that I mentioned in this presentation ?
3) What are the advantages and what are the disadvantages of using social media ?
4) What is the percentage of people having an account on Facebook ? Answer 1) Social media consists of interactions among people in which they create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks. Answer 2) The 3 types and uses of social media that I mentioned in my presentation were :
1) Social Networks
2) Media sharing
3) Microblogging Answer 3) Advantages:
Allows people to discuss ideas, post news, ask questions and share links.
May cause problems because of the bad/dirty comments between students in school while chatting.
Opens up the possibility for hackers to launch spam and virus attacks. Answer 4) 11% of the world has an account in Facebook . Webs and resources I used : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media http://outthinkgroup.com/tips/the-6-types-of-social-media http://www.shrm.org/TemplatesTools/hrqa/Pages/socialnetworkingsitespolicy.aspx Thanks for watching Done by:
7A Saifuddeen Wael