Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of AP Psychology: Development
Transcript of Copy of AP Psychology: Development
STINKIN' PIGS CAN'T FLY
BIRTH - AGE 2
Age 11 and up
Theory of Mind
Understanding that an object is present even when covered. Acheived at 9 months.
Stress when a parent leaves. Peaks at 18 months.
Understanding others' point of view
Changing an object's characteristics while still keeping the volume/number the same.
Ability to take an action or relationship two ways (math 5+2=7; 7-2=5)
objects can be recognized
with drawings or words
Thinking inanimate objects have feelings; anthropomorphism
children are very self-centered; they only see from their own point of view.
Focused on length (not number) and height (not volume)
CRITIQUE OF PIAGET
Applying general principles to abstract cases (vs. logic in concrete state)