Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Halogen Family
Transcript of The Halogen Family
Fluorine has an atomic number of nine.
It's atomic mass is 19.
It's symbol is F.
It was discovered in 1886 by Henri Moissan.
It's a pale yellow gas, and is the most electronegative element in the world.
Chlorine has an atomic number of 17.
Its atomic mass is 35.
Its symbol is Cl.
It was discovered in 1774 by Carl W. Scheele.
Its a yellow green gas in normal conditions.
Bromine has an atomic number of 35.
Its atomic mass is 80.
Its symbol is Br.
It was discovered in 1826 by Antoine J. Ballard and Leopold Gmelin.
Iodine has an atomic number of 53.
Its atomic mass is 127.
Its symbol is I.
It was discovered in 1811 by Bernard Courtios.
Iodine vapor is violet or purple.
Astatine has an atomic number of 85.
Its atomic mass is 210.
Its symbol is At.
It was discovered in 1940.
Its a brittle solid and a metalloid.
Halogens are all nonmeatal, except Astatine, it is a metalliod.
They all have seven electrons in their outer shell.
The term halogen means "salt former".
There are 2 gases, 2 solids ,and a liquid.
They form unstable gas molecule.