Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
TKT Module 1
Transcript of TKT Module 1
Trainer: Eduardo Rodríguez
What is the Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT)?
The Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) is a test developed by Cambridge ESOL for teachers of English to speakers of other languages. TKT tests candidates' knowledge of concepts related to language, language use and the background to and practice of language teaching and learning. It is not a test of the practical skills teachers need to use in their own classroom or of English language proficiency.
TKT consists of three modules which can be taken together, or separately , in any order. The content of TKT is tested by means of objective tasks, such as matching and multiple choice. The test for each module consists of 80 questions.
There are no entry requirements such as previous teaching experience and/or teaching or language qualifications, for TKT, but, candidates should have at least an intermediate level of English.
What is The TKT Course?
The TKT Course has four main aims:
1. To introduce students to the concepts and terms about teaching and learning that are central to TKT, and to give them opportunities to do exam practice with TKT sample tasks and exam papers.
2. To introduce students to the main current theories, approaches and activities in ELT and assess their usefulness to the classroom.
3. To share with students some of the many resources available to English language teachers.
4. To provide materials and activities that give teachers opportunities for professional development by exploring the concepts which have been introduced.
Unit 1 Grammar
Unit 2 Lexis
Unit 3 Phonology
Unit 4 Functions
Unit 5 Reading
Unit 6 Writing
Unit 7 Listening
Unit 8 Speaking
Unit 9 Motivation
Unit 10 Exposure and focus on form
Unit 11 The role of error
Unit 12 Differences between L1 and L2 learning
Unit 13 Learner characteristics
Unit 14 Learner needs
Unit 15 Presentation techniques and introductory activities
Unit 16 Practice activities and tasks for language and skills
Unit 17 Assessment types and tasks
TKT Module 1 Practice test
Language and background to
language learning and teaching
Describing language and language skills
Background to language learning
Background to language teaching
Exposure and focus on form
The role of error
Differences between L1 and L2 learning