Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Passage Analysis
lace it in the text
Explain where this passage can be found in the play.
What happens before it?
What happens after it?
How is it important to the rest of the play?
Structure and Sound
Rhythm and Rhyme?
What is It?
Any analysis is about looking at the smaller parts of something to see how they affect the whole.
Passage analysis looks at the
of a passage from a
text to see how its
has been constructed.
Assess the Characterisation
What do we learn about the characters?
What do we better understand about them?
What is the audience lead to feel about them?
Y9 ACE English
- Passage Analysis
What kind of
Can you find any use of
(as/like a) or
thou painted maypole
Giving objects and ideas a human identity - When Phoebe doth behold her silver visage
Story or statement with a hidden meaning - representing something more.
Arguments, Idea and Values
What ideas is the author
- A Dactyl (BA Dum Dum), Trochee (BA Dum) or Iamb (Ba DUM)
- Any iambic pentameter (5 x Iambs = Ten Syllables)
- Rhyming Ends of lines, or Rhyming Couplets or Quatrains (ABAB)
What key themes are present in the text?
Where does it connect to other
- ideas in the story?
Make certain that you highlight the best quotes that will demonstrate all that you've found and annotated!
- Use an A B C B Rhyming structure
What need the bridge much broader than the flood?
The fairest grant is the necessity
Look what will serve is fit. 'Tis once. Thou lovest,
And I will fit thee with the remedy
- Verse without rhyme
- Solo speech to other characters
- Solo speech only the audience can hear