Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Types of Listening
Transcript of Types of Listening
Growing our Listening Skills
Focus on understanding the message
Five Types of Listening
Focus is on enjoying the message
The focus is on feelings
Focus is on evaluating the information
Objective: Understand when and how to use each type of listening
distinguishing the gender of the speaker
distinguishing the number of the speakers
listening for specific words.
As listeners we focus on different
things and we can all gain different
meaning from one statement.
Plus we tend to lose 25% of information
as it is passed between people.
Sheldon discriminates sound while trying to find the "sweetspot."
An example is when you listen to directions!
Obviously we appreciate different things than some people...
We use empathetic listening to make others feel better.
Connect to information
Summarize and ask questions
Use associations and mnemonic devices