Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Social Media & Crisis Communication
Transcript of Social Media & Crisis Communication
& Crisis Communication
Digital Media Manager
Mississippi Department of Transportation
When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
Crisis communication is designed to protect and defend an individual, company, or organization facing a public challenge to its reputation.
As a business decision maker,
what are the top three concerns that
keep you up at night?
Tesla Model S
Crisis Communication in Disaster Relief
Mobile apps and social media are 4th most popular source for emergency information during a disaster.
Social Tools in Emergencies
Natural Disasters = High Engagement
@MississippiDOT & Twitter
/MississippiDOT & Facebook
posts came from #winterweather
peak reach of
on January 29, 2014
Positive feedback from online community
Southern gent with a penchant for Chinese food. Interested in #web #design #contentstrategy #socmed.