Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ratio & Rates, Writing & Solving Proportions,Solving Proportions Using Cross Products
Transcript of Ratio & Rates, Writing & Solving Proportions,Solving Proportions Using Cross Products
Ratio - A comparison of two numbers using division.EX.) a to b, a : b, a/b
Equivalent Ratios - two or more ratios that have the same value
Proportion - an equation that states that two ratios are equal.
Cross Productthe product of the numerator of one ratio and the denominator of another ratio.
Ratios & Rates
Tell Whether the ratio is in simplest form. If not, write it in simplest form. Then write the ratio in two other ways.
1. 9 to 122. 4 : 53. 15 to 3
Find the Unit Rate
1. 140 words : 4 minutes2. $161 : 7 shares3. 80 oz. : 2.5 servings
Write the equivalent rate.
1. if a bike can travel 15 miles in one hour,
how long does it take to travel 85 miles?
2. a jet can travel 200 miles in 20 seconds.
how many miles will it travel in 300 seconds?
3. a car travels 390 meters in 1 hour. how
many meters will it travel in 4.5 hours?
Writing and Solving Proportions
Solve the following Proportions
1. 1/2 = x/502. 3/4 = y/243. f/9 = 21/27
Solving Proportions Using Cross Products
Jenni is mixing punch for 18 people. Her recipe calls for 2.5 cups of sugar for 12 servings. How much sugar will be needed to serve 18?
a sample of 96 light bulbs consisted of 4 defective ones.using our sample, how many defective bulbs are in a batch of 6,000 bulbs?
physics tells us that weights of objects onthe moon are proportional to their weights on Earth. suppose an 180-lb. man weighs 30-lb. on the moon. What will a 60-lb. boy weigh on the moon?
Euros are currency usedin several European countries.On one day in Feb. 2002, you couldexchange $6 for 6.9 euros.How many euros could you have gottenfor $20?