Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of IENG300 Project
* Thermal Analysis
* Wireless Design
* Exterior body
* Power Supply(solar power, battery, charger)
* Power Distribution
* Control interface
* Cables, wires, and connectors
* Power System
•We are offering a solution for gardening problems which is an agriculture robot.
•iRobot knows when the plant needs watering and other many essential plant’s needs.
•The main point of our work is to make it easier for people to take care of their gardens.
•Our long-term goal is to develop an autonomous green house in which all tasks are performed automatically.
•Gardening robot will control the use of pesticides.
•Watering will be delivered on demand which will benefit in reducing water consumption.
Intelligence: A robot needs some kind of "smarts." This is where programming enters the pictures. Our programmers gave the robot its “Brain”.
Energy: A robot needs to be able to power itself. Our robot will be solar powered, battery powered when there is no sunlight available on long periods, and electrically powered for charging.
Sensing: Our robot will sense its surroundings. The robot is equipped with sensors: light sensors (eyes) so he is aware of the distance of the surroundings, touch and pressure sensors (hands) so he knows when it’s best to harvest the plants, chemical sensors (nose) detecting humidity and temperature, hearing and sonar sensors (ears) for voice commands.
Movement: A robot needs to be able to move around its environment. And our robot will be walking on wheels
* Body(Wheels, camera, hardware package)
* Robot Calibration
* Robot function design
* Operator interface
* Gather Data
* Temperature sensor
* Humidity sensor
* Distance sensor
* Infrared detection
* Wireless communication
* Wheels Design
* Body Materials
Planning and Design
Monitoring and Controlling
* Build the start up plan
* Specify the scope
* Make the WBS
* Determine resources
* Define Risks
* Customer Review
* Managing teams and members
* Planning for the base structure
* Getting the needed material and technology
* Make the robot design and colors
* Define the robots environment
* Specify the robots tasks
•At iRobot we care about the good health of your robot system. Therefore we offer customer service.
•We offer our service globally with over 1,200 service specialists in more than 50 countries and over 100 locations. We promise to provide world-class services wherever iRobot and systems are installed.
•iRobot provides six basic levels of service and repair support to maximize robot and robotic system availability and up time. Basic levels include:
~telephone-Based Technical Support Call Center
~ On-Site Service & Repair
~ Internet Based Information & Support Services
~ Maintenance Service Options
~ Reliability & Maintainability Studies
~ Reprogramming & Production Optimization
Detection Difficulty: 3
When: No power generation
Response: Mitigate repair mechanical parts
Contingency plan: Supply power to the robot
Trigger: Robot heavily damaged
Detection Difficulty: 1
When: During robot functioning
Response: Mitigate repair damaged parts
Contingency plan: Stop the robot from working
Trigger: Robot shuts down
Detection Difficulty: 4
When: during executing
Response: Mitigate Debugging
Contingency plan: hire high experienced programmers
Trigger: Increase in the cost
* Electrical, mechanical, sensorial, programming and design departments cooperation
* Equip the robot with sensors and parts, then check their calibration
* Programming the Robots tasks
* Put safety measurements
* Build a simple robot base for test
* Put the robot in a test field
* Test the robot and check for programming, structure, and design
* Identify any problem and solve it
* Check if the robot is in high efficiency level
* Monitor robot's functionality during environment changes
* Start to build a robot that can be delivered to customers
* Check for customers needs
* Start the marketing campaign
* Review customers satisfaction
* Supply customers with the offered customer service including maintenance and teaching them about the basic tasks of the robot
Tasks Not done
Evaluation of performance and team
1- Supportive and cooperative team
2- All team members showed high performance efficiency
3- The project manager made the project succession his first priority
4- Different point of view were respected and taken into consideration
5- Team was committed according to the timeline and to the project's quality
1- We needed more experience in the robot field so that our robot would have higher performance
2- We learned to overcome obstacles
3- To push forward with our work and not to give up
4- Thinking outside the box and not be limited by one concept
1- Signed contract with several customers
3- Set up a new plan for upcoming robot project
1- Setting all the safety measurements of the robot
2- satisfying all work conditions for the robot