Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Wood Frame Construction
Transcript of Wood Frame Construction
2)Insulation- Usually made up of foam, used to keep out moisture and outside weather
4) Wood studs- usually placed about 16 inches apart
5) Exterior wall cladding
6)Nails and power-tools
7) A vapor barrier Special Skills/ permits needed steps to constructing a wood-frame home 1) Apply building permits and arrange materials that are needed
2) Prepare the site for construction
3) Build the foundation for the house
4) Inventory timbers and build the framework
5) Enclose the exterior (put on the roof and windows)
6) Install utilities (plumbing, wiring, A/C and heating, etc)
7) Finish exterior (painting, landscaping, etc) Advantages and Disadvantages Advantages:
Reduced site labor
Fast heating and more insulation
The wood is made in a factory, so quality of the materials being used is assured
It has exposure to bad weather before enclosed
Today, there are a lack of experienced builders in this area
The framework could decay over time or if exposed to moisture By: Giselle, Emma, Brielle, and Suzy Wood Frame Construction 1) Building permit
2) Roofing permit
3) Supplemental building permit
4) Site permit
5) Electrical permit
6) Mechanical permit
7) Plumbing permit
8) Fence permit
9) Low voltage permit
10) Fire alarm permit
11) Appliance permit Work Cited 1)http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/BuildingStandards/FileDownLoad,1677,en.pdf