Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Compromise of 1850
Transcript of Compromise of 1850
- No more slave trade in DC
- A new Fugitive Slave Law is strictly enforced
- California joins the Union as a free state Population begins to go up ^ The North including California is happy. The South is still upset. South Caroline is ready to secede. We're getting angry! So... Alexander Stephens GA Alexander Stephens introduced the: GA Platform Georgia would agree to the Compromise of 1850 Soon, all the other states followed Georgia and adopted the Compromise of 1850. GA AL MS SC LA Hey! That state agrees with the North. Yeah. Maybe we should too. The End Before this Prezi begins... Keep in mind:
Who specifically benefited from the Compromise of 1850, and how? In congress... Review question:
Who specifically benefited from the Compromise of 1850, and how? Memory Tip: Congress balance 15/15
The Fugitive Slave act of 1850
Slavery in California NO Compromise of 1850 Compromise of 1850 BY Sophia Martin The End Answer: The North benefited when slavery was outlawed in D.C. and California became a free state (Free States had a majority in Congress) The South benefited by having a new and more strongly enforced Fugitive Slave Law in the North.