Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Verbs
There's More to Them Than you Realize
An action verb tells what action the subject of the sentence is performing.
A verb phrase is a main verb plus one or more helping verbs.
A linking verb links the subject with
another word in the sentence.
The verb To Be
The forms of the verb to be are not always linking verbs.
Additional Linking Verbs
appear feel look seem
sound taste become grow
remain smell stay turn
- am, is, are, was, were, be, being, been
- has, have, had
- do, does, did
Other helping verbs
- may, might, must, can, could, shall, should, will, would
1) A new witness
2) The suspect now under arrest
near the crime scene.
3) That car
be will be has been
being can be had been
is could be could have been
am should be should have been
are would be would have been
was may be may have been
were might be might have been
been must be must have been
shall be have been
* Was is linking work with complex.
there in the last row of the stadium.
* was is not used as a linking verb
* remains links chocolate and flavor *
Shot mailed scream cry
remember forget love