Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Merle Love - Maps Latitude & Longitude
Transcript of Merle Love - Maps Latitude & Longitude
Maps showing Latitude & Longitude
How far is it in miles along the equator between two degrees of longitude, say from 15° W to 16° W?"
How would you begin to figure out the answer to that question?
Follow the Map
Latitude & Longitude are imaginary lines drawn on maps to easily locate places on the Earth.
The Equator is the line of 0 degrees latitude.
Longitude lines run east and west and are also called parallels
Latitude lines run north and south and are known as meridians.
The North Pole