Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Romeo and Juliet Act II
Transcript of Romeo and Juliet Act II
Which of the following correctly defines blank verse?
• Poetry with no structure or rhyme
• A type of long poem often used for plays
• A type of rhymed poetry Shakespeare uses throughout his plays
• Unrhymed verse written in iambic pentameter
• The search fro Romeo by Benvolio and Mercutio
• The arrival of Tybalt’s letter at Montague’s house
• The decision by Romeo and Juliet to get married
• Friar Lawrence’s discovery of an unusual plant
In Act II, which of the following is the most important development in the plot?
In Act II, which of the following best describes Friar Lawrence?
• A relative of the Capulets
• An influential advisor to the Prince
• Romeo’s spiritual advisor
• A frustrated botanist
Whom does Juliet send as a messenger to Romeo to find out about Romeo’s intentions?
• Lady Capulet
In Act II, which word would best describe the personality of Mercutio?
Which of the following lines by Juliet varies the usual metrical pattern of blank verse?
• How came thou hither, tell me, and wherefore?
• The orchard walls are high and hard to climb,
• Ant the place death, considering who thou art,
• If any of my kinsmen find thee here.
Which of the following plays a part in Friar Lawrence’s decision to marry Romeo and Juliet?
• He realizes they will never give up their love, whether or not they get married.
• He thinks the marriage may help end the feud between the Capulets and the Montagues.
• He knows that Prince Escalus would approve of the marriage.
• He prefers that Juliet marry Romeo rather than Paris.
Who wrote the letter that Benvolio and Mercutio discuss in Act II, Scene iv?
• Friar Lawrence
• Lady Capulet
• The Nurse
Which of the following correctly describes iambic meter?
• A stressed syllable preceded by an unstressed syllable
• Two unstressed syllables followed by a stressed syllable
• Two stressed syllables followed by an unstressed syllable
• Three unstressed syllables followed by a stressed syllable
In Act II, Scene iii, Romeo tells Friar Lawrence of his love for Juliet. Which of the following best summarizes Friar Lawrence’s advice to Romeo?
• Love moderately.
• Get married immediately.
• Postpone your decision for several years.
• Rosaline is to be preferred to Juliet.