Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Gilgamesh
a legendary king
A Short Introduction to Gilgamesh
- Gilgamesh was the 5th King of Uruk, modern day Iraq
_ He reigned sometime between 3000-2500BCE
- One of Gilgamesh's most well known achievements is "The Epic of Gilgamesh"
- Gilgamesh was thought to be a demigod or superbeing
- Gilgamesh was a warrior king of Uruk a city-state in Sumer
- He was extremely strong and was presumed to be a demigod
- Though thought to be a demigod he abused his "power" and was very cruel to his people
- Later built a wall around hi city to protect his people
- (As mentioned before) a piece of Cuneiform literature thousands of years old was found about him called the Epic of Gilgamesh
Importance in Ancient History
Yay! We hope you enjoyed our presentation!
-The epic of Gilgamesh was first written on tablets such as these
- 72 different tablets
- Written in different laguages
The Epic of Gilgamesh
"The Epic of Gilgamesh" 2013, Viewed on 27 August 2013 http://learner.org/courses/worldlit/gilgamesh/read/getting-started/
What really happened in Ancient Times,
Terri Johnson, 2006
The Story of the World Volume 1: Ancient Times, Susan Wise Bauer, 2007
Thackara, W. T. S. 2010, Viewed on 28 August 2013 http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/sunrise/49-99-0/mi-wtst.htm
Roman & Greek gods
- Gilgamesh presented evidence of spiritual beliefs in ancient history
- Gilgamesh even appears in some other later Greek stories showing links between the two cultures of different time periods