Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Prohibition
Husbands spent too much income on alcohol Some towns sold their jails the day Prohibition was introduced Criminal activity flourished Illegal alcohol was sold on the black market Al Capone 60 million dollars made 600 murders in Chicago Breweries had to close down Caused large amounts of unemployment Alcohol brewers left the country Religion was an acceptable excuse for alcohol consumption Increase in the number of religious people More drinking establishments than ever before Prohibition created more problems than it solved. Many initial supporters called for the repeal of Prohibition Proved that legal restrictions on a substance didn't prevent its use 21st Amendment to the Constitution passed on December 5 18th Amendment the first and only Amendment to be repealed Thanks for watching Channel 7's Flashback!