Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
UK Defence Policy - SNCO
Transcript of UK Defence Policy - SNCO
Describe UK Interests.
Describe UK Foreign Policy.
Describe UK Security Policy.
Describe UK Defence Policy.
Analyse the UK’s strategy in maintaining international security.
Analyse the impact of the media on the army.
The International System
The Peace of Westphalia (1648)
Shifting Balance of Power (1600-1800)
New World Order (1945 - Present)
What is Democracy?
Free and fair multi-party elections.
Direct verses Representative.
Failed State Index
Democratic or Non-democratic!
What is the current Security Policy?
Defence policy is created to suit the UK’s national interest – the use of the military is one way of pursuing that national interest but it has to be balanced with all other political demands.
What organisations secure our national interest?
1. Defend the UK and Overseas Territories.
2. Provide the nuclear deterrent.
3. Provide strategic intelligence.
4. Reinforce international security.
5. Support humanitarian assistance.
6. Conduct strike operations.
7. Conduct operations to restore peace and stability.
8. Conduct major combat operations if required, including under NATO Article 5.