Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Backward Design for Authentic MYP Assessment
Transcript of Backward Design for Authentic MYP Assessment
From Theory to Practice
What does an MYP classroom look like?
Encapsulates your MYP unit of work
Be a visual representation of your unit question
A dynamic environment
A learning resource
Visible Thinking and Interaction
MYP assessment practices provide opportunities for students to show what they understand and how they can apply knowledge and skills through real world problems
Assessment is authentic when we directly examine student performance based on worthy intellectual tasks (Grant Wiggins)
The MYP in Action
The Areas of Interaction
- class activity where students formulate an agreed definition of each of the areas of interaction
- establish a common understanding of the areas of interaction within your subject and classroom
- classroom reference and visible thinking strategies
The MYP in Action
The areas of interaction - Open ended assessment
- group students and/or your assessments by AoI and/or AoI guiding questions (published in your subject guides)
- students select the AoI relevant to their summative assessment task
- students select the AoI student learning expectation